N – Networking -Jackie Torr
In this video, Jackie Torr, the managing director of the TEAM network shares her thoughts on why networking will be a key to recruiting success in 2019.
Jackie said, “In the A to Z of Successful Recruiting for 2019 my letter is N. I believe N stands for networking. As you know, networking is a process where like-minded individuals share ideas, business, and receive support and advice from their peers. 2019 is going to be all about who you know and not what you know. And with candidates being in short supply, you are going to really need to know where to meet them. Sometimes it can be lonely as a business owner making decisions on business and finding time to work on your business, not just in it: keeping up with legislation changes and finding opportunities to help business growth; sharing information with others is often a concept that can be alien to recruiters who very often work in isolation. But expanding your network could bring many rewards – including revenue – if you share business too. Together, everyone achieves more. So good luck for a very successful 2019.”
But how can you use Jackie’s video to help you engage your team in improving their approach to networking.
Use the I.C.E learning workout below to help you use this video with your team.
Ideas to Consider
- It’s tough to grow your own business, so getting support and ideas from others who are going through the same thing is a sound business decision
- Networking allows you to expand your own knowledge and learning as much as it is about meeting people who could benefit the commercial side of your business
- Together, everyone achieves more than they do in isolation
- What are our current goals for networking? Are there any other benefits we can derive from building our networks with more diverse groups?
- Where are we networking? Are we hanging out where these groups are?
- Make a list of your current (or future) challenges or pain points as a business
- Identify 3-5 places where you could network to help you solve these challenges – consider both online and offline activities
They say no man is an island – and the same is even more true in business. Building your network can help you solve many of the challenges you face across your business, including growing your revenue. So consider how you can expand your networking activities to take your business to the next level.
So, why not try building your network today! Join us in the Gym and ask any of resident coaches – or other peers – for advice on networking. members.recruitinggym.com
First 300 members receive 3 months free membership