Many business owners have a dream to sell their business.
Their dream is that after selling their business they will be set for life?
But will they?
In my experience, there is a significant disconnect between what owners feel their businesses are worth and what someone is willing to pay for it.
In this Learning Live, I interviewed Tom McCarthy from Orbis Corporate Finance. We discussed what are the key drivers of a business’s value and what condition the business needs to be in for someone to want to buy them.
We answered questions such as
- How are recruitment businesses valued?
- How can business owners plan for exit?
- What are some pitfalls to avoid?
- What options are there apart from a trade sale?
- What impact does temp / perm have on the valuation?
- What impact does being a specialist have on the value?
- How do you go about selling a business? What is the process? How long does it take?
- What is the market like at present?
If you like the video you can download the slides below.
If you want to sell, but need more help check out the Recruiting Gym, where we can help you get your team and business fit for sale.